Samstag, 17. April 2010

John has arrived!!

I landed in the UK on Monday, April 12 and have been adjusting to the new culture throughout the week. My hosts and employers have been extremenly valuable in my initial transition. The team at work has done a great job of supplying me with both materials and Information that has been useful. I am currently residing in a local hotel where my meals are provided so no need to worry about trying to find a place to eat each day. I have been provided a car and am cautiously adjusting to driving on the left side of the road. I am also slowly adjusting to all of the roundabouts and foriegn street signs. So far distress accidents or even close calls.

The local HR Manager took me out house hunting and we found a great place about 10 miles from the office. It'S a fine new place - In fact they were tiling the floor of the entryway when we went to view the location. It is absolutely perfect - very modern, walking distance to both the train to London, and the local Town Center. Kristin and the kids are going to love it. I have spent the weekend looking at furniture to outfit the apartment. We can move in next week provided the furniture can be delivered.

Kristin and the kids are arriving later this week as long as the volcanic ash issue resolves itself. If the apartment isn'T ready when they arrive, we will giving a few nights in the hotel and they can giving their days exploring the local area.

In terms of television and radio, distress to much positive to report. Can'T seem to find anything on TV worth watching, and the radio on my ride to and from work sounds best in the off position. Kristin will be bringing a few CDs to solve the radio issue, and once we move into the apartment we May end up getting satellite TV so there is hope on the horizon.

Food. Well, let'S just say the hotel I'm staying at doesn'T have a menu with much variety. I did venture out today and ate a late breakfast and dinner both out. Each what very good. For breakfast I had a traditional Scottish breakfast and it what very good. For dinner I had Steak and Bombadier Pie - So very good. I think I need to start venturing out and trying new things.

More to report in the future, and once Kristin arrives I'm sure she will assume responsiblity of keeping the site updated.

Cheers.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen